Friday, April 16, 2010

Feature Friday!

It's my pleasure to feature LucidOpticLab today!


Age:
22 but I act more like im 60 something. I spend my weekends in my lil home art studio with a mug of tea and a cat on my lap as I paint away the rainy days. Kinda boring huh?

Location:
Portland Oregon

Occupation:
By day I am a mild mannered admin assistant at small IT company .
By evening and weekends I am a psychedelic mess of an acrylic painter, pen and ink illustrator and surrealist portrait photographer.

Where do you find your inspiration?
I have always found myself to be fascinated and drawn to powerful female figures and energy. I gather a lot of inspiration from studying various Goddesses of different beliefs and cultures. I am obsessed with all things paranormal. I have had a life long fascination with faeries, mermaids and…extra terrestrials!

What's your creative process?
It depends on the mood and intent. There are times where it’s hardly a process and more of an outburst. Other times its more controlled. In the past two years I have been basing a lot of my paintings off of pen and ink drawings that I do. I have been then transferring these pen and ink drawings onto canvas and painting them. In this way I have discovered a process that allows me to produce my artwork in an efficient manner and in a way where I have fun doing it to!

How did you get started?
I have been creating since I was a young one. I grew up in a very artistic environment which allowed me to express and nurture my inner creative fire. I can still remember sitting on the Venice Beach, CA board walk( my home town) selling my watercolor paintings at age 6 next to my mom as she played with her blues band to the passerbys on the strand. I started young, that I did!

How would you describe your style?
Ablaze with a strong sense of “not of this world” or “other”. My painting and drawing style is very graphic/illustration based with color playing a very psychedelic part in the grand scheme of things.

How would you describe your etsy?
At first glance I am sure my shop can be seen as trippy and “ outsider” but I feel there is something in there for everyone. In general it’s a color blast and a well of inspiration when taking in consideration all the tie dye, screen prints, paintings and art prints that are available at affordable prices.

What are your top 5 fave blogs/sites?
( check my blog out here: www.lucidrose.blogspot.com )

Im addicted to flickr.com ( www.lucidrose.blogspot.com)

I read the independent news every day on www.democracynow.org

And here are a few blogs of artists I am really enjoying as of late:
http://lisaperrin.blogspot.com/
http://brettisablog.blogspot.com/
http://feraleyes.blogspot.com/

And lastly, what's in your bag right now?
- A gold and tasseled scarf
- Umbrella
- gloves
- Burts Bee’s pomegranate lip balm
- Mama’s Herba; Soap’s fragrance oil-sundari (jojoba, hemp, rose petals, chamomile, lavender, calendula blossoms, and grapefruit fragrance.
- Cell phone
- Keys
- Wallet
- A folded up piece of paper with a poem I wrote that I read last night in an art gallery
- 2 Faber castell india ink pens. One is a brush tip the other is a medium tip.( my fave drawing pens ever!) Book: Behold a Pale Horse by William S. Cooper
- Over half a dozen old bus tickets and passes that I never threw away

Be sure to check out her etsy shop!

P.s.-- I will be back Monday to announce give away winners!

No comments:

Post a Comment