Friday, March 26, 2010

Weekend Getaway

So I after I got off work yesterday I got to spend the whole evening nursing my sickly hubbs back to health. You know it's love when you do something you hate for your significant other. There's NOTHING I hate more than going in the market at 5. It's crowded, noisy, and the lines are forever long. Yesterday I decided to take one for the team and brave the busy market for fresh ingredients to make my ill hubbs homemade chicken noodle soup. It was worth it because I think it did the trick! (He's back at work today anyways!)
Today I am catching up on housework (eeek, laundry!) and packing our bags to head out of town for a weekend get away! We are headed to Mountain View, Arkansas. It's where I grew up and my parents still live! It's only about a 2 hour drive, but any excuse to get away we'll take! We are both really excited because another couple that we are good friends with are joining us! We are staying in my parent's cabin on the river. Here's a few pictures to make you jealous! ;)

click here for more cabin pictures!

And we'll spend some time in town where there will be a lot of people doing this:
My hometown is very unique, I could write a whole post just on it. (Maybe I should add that to the list?) Anyways, the plan is to wake up in the morning and have breakfast (I'm talking homemade chocolate gravy!) downtown at this little dive cafe with my dad and all his "flying friends" from the airport. (This is a typical Saturday morning thing for them.) Then the boys are off to fish while the girls take in the shopping and maybe a hike? After that we are all going to have lunch at my parent's Old Fashioned Soda Fountain, and visit my parents! That night we plan to cook up whatever the boys caught! I can't wait! I'll take lots of pictures to share with you!


What are your weekend plans?


P.S. My super awesome Indie Biz penpal did an amazing illustration for me!
Please go check out her blog!!


xoxo,
Bri!

No comments:

Post a Comment