Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Oh Wednesday!


Happy saint patty's day! The fresh air and list full of errands to be ran persuaded me to get out of bed little earlier than usual this morning. The sunshine peaking through the clouds, and then through my blinds to dance upon my pillowcase helped me be able to do it with a bit of smile, and less reluctance than usual. I ran most of my errands and topped the morning off with a trip to the market.
There's nothing like buying my own fresh flowers from the market. It's more blissful for me than what its normal I'm sure. The second I step into the area the sight of fresh flowers creates sparkles in my eyes, and the smell of fresh cut flowers fills my nose. As i exhale I feel as if surrounded by a little bit of magic. The whole markets seems to pause and fade away. The sound of music fills my soul as I excitedly scan through the beautiful shapes and colors deciding what lucky bouquets will be adorning my kitchen bar. And one phrase in particular always comes to mind, and causes a chain reaction in my body resulting a grin upon my face. "Mrs. Dalloway said she would buy the flowers herself." This is the opening line from my all time favorite book- "Mrs. Dalloway" by Virginia Woolfe. ( If you haven't read it, you should, and can here )
I excitedly ran home and put up my groceries, and created a quick arrangement of my new fresh flowers. Ahh, the simple things in life. :)


xoxo,
Bri!

p.s. I'll be back with today's d.i.y. this afternoon! :)

1 comment: