Sunday, June 21, 2009

"Burning bridges...

...can make you learn how to fly." It took a while for this quote to really resignation with me. Relationships have always been really important in my life. Friends, boyfriends, family members, etc.-I always did what I could to nurture the relationships in my life. I did so to the point I was literally exhausted, mentally and emotionally. I gave, and gave, and gave some more. I gave all of myself- materialistically, and emotionally. I've never been one to do anything half way. Yet when I needed a shoulder to cry on, or anything at all for that matter- no one was around. I always found myself heartbroken, but mostly disappointed. Over the past year, a lot of those bridges have been burnt, for one reason or another. It is sad to loose those you love, however, the weight I was caring around was suddenly lifted off my shoulders. I no longer had to wake up every morning with the weight of a friend's broken heart, problems, or disappointment. I can breathe again. When I get to place in life I feel I need a bridge to help me get through I close my eyes and breathe. When I open them again I find myself on the other side realizing I never needed that bridge in the first place. All I needed was a little faith in myself, I could fly all along.

<3 britt

No comments:

Post a Comment